Friday, March 12, 2010

Luck

Today on a coffee excursion to the bodega near school I struck up a conversation with an older Hispanic guy. He had really nice gold rims on his teeth, and his shirt was unbuttoned several to the middle of his chest even though today was brick daddy as my students would say. That means cold.

I sincerely appreciate a swagger like that. Way to go, guy.

Anyway, we were talking about family, but also the subject of Powerball came up. Apparently the pot is at 200 million. He gave me his numbers to play. When I pointed out that if the numbers hit we would then have to split the winnings he said that sounded good to him. "I have enough time to spend all that money," he said.

Wow. I liked that guy a lot. It is rainy. I am melancholy, like woah. In need of some friends and some candle light, or something. I will go out to see some art. Maybe I will have a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment