Monday, August 31, 2009

Colorful shapes


Do you ever catch a glimpse of yourself as something other than human, skin and bone, ideas, identity, whathaveyou? I do, and I think lots of people do–people who would never discuss it. I am aware of a lexicon for discussing such glimpses or states of being (however long they last) and yet I am shy to discuss it with most people.

Sometimes I admit to other people that I see myself as pure love. A little more frequently I hint about magick.

Today Meena made miso soup and in the midst of an otherwise straightforward conversation she said "It's not easy being a colorful shape." I thought that was pretty great.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, Budis! I recently got to see Olafur Eliasson's "Take Your Time" exhibit at the Chicago MCA. In it, as in much of his work at large, I think he encourages us to catch just the kinds of glimpses you describe! +++ To engage heartily with them!

    I now prefer to think of myself as a wall of falling mist with prism powers.

    Check it out:
    http://www.mcachicago.org/eliasson/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this insightful friend of yours? I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempy, Which friend: Meena or Melinda?

    Meena is a NYC friend, here: http://www.meenamade.com/

    It's funny because she is not currently so focused on the plush toys that this website displays. And yet, when I looked at the site to post the link the first thing that struck me was the colorful shapes of the plush toys. Ha!

    Melinda is a reference librarian kicking ass and taking names in Charleston, SC. We went to college in Portland, OR at a hippy school (ha ha) for weirdos + intellectuals–Reed College.

    ReplyDelete