Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Love through the blog, love through dreams, plus cosmic clowns


Hold the phone: A blogger I like linked to me. He reminds me of the importance of writing because he writes everyday. I discovered his blog when I lived in Taiwan and I was drawn in by one of his photo essays. Groovy.

I am Surprised by how special I feel having this little connection, this little shout out. Thanks, Tony. I guess I think: why not blog? Any chance to build a human connection. We get precious little time to connect in our waking lives. We are busy with work + life is short. And if you are like me + you don't remember your dreams, well then even your dream life most often fails to connect you to those you love.

However: not recently. Recently I have had some good dream connections. First, yesterday I received this email:


i dreamed we were in court changing your name to Budis.
you were a few years years older than you are now, a new wholistic beauty in your countenance.
your sweetness and honesty were powerful!
It seemed more spiritual than legal...

it was nice seeing you again, i hope it won't be years
til it happens, though.

yay for biking, you're amazing!

with love,
N


So beautiful. ! And today I woke up and remembered my own dream. I dreamed of my former therapist, who hasn't practiced for about a year now, but we still speak on the phone to check in once every few months. Anyway, I dreamt of Sarah, who was a therapist and is now a novelist and clown! In my dream she was sad. When I awoke, I wanted to call her but didn't. I always think I will be bothering her, but probably I am not bothering her. She knows all about my magic and really appreciates it. I know that. Anyway, at first I didn't call; I went to my interview; made a garlic kale and scrambled egg sandwich; felt bad about the less than stellar unit plan/lesson plan I gave to the interview committee. I sat down to revise it and send them an updated version & then what pops into my gmail box but a horoscope message with the subject: clownin which contained this:

The leo is leader and symbol of the family. Be empowered by it's motherly roar, which demands an immediate return -to yourself/each other/ your dreams.

Well, an immediate return to myself, Miss Sarah and my dreams it is then. That was clear enough. Of course I reached out and called the lovely and wonderful Sarah. No fear. Why let fear stop us from connecting? Why deny ourselves the love that exists?

Read the full horosocope from friend-of-a-friend Birdie Lawson. Image above is bilingual Peace Clown available to entertain in Bakersfield, CA, should you be reading from there.

xoxo,
K. Budis

No comments:

Post a Comment