Friday, August 21, 2009

Crooklyn, I love you.






This article is a little outdated. But check it out. I was reminded of it last night cuz I was at an event where some of these candidates were shaking hands and kissing babies.


For this article I did the investigating, and I co-wrote it. My Dad would have been so proud to see my name in print, cuz he was an aspiring journalist at one point. Here's to you, old Dad.

Last night I rode to watch a movie at Brooklyn Bridge Park. There is really nothing quite so spectacular as sitting in this particular piece of Brooklyn at dusk with all kinds of people: finally everyone is resting, not on the go, the lights of lower Manhattan light up, they reflect in the water, and it's just beautiful. The movie was Catch Me if You Can, which is about a lovable con artist. A state assemblyman who represents Brooklyn introduced the film and joked that he would be taking notes to help him politic back in Albany.

For some reason I found that open joking about political corruption endearing. It must have been the Manhattan skyline, all lit up like lollipops, intoxicating me. I am a sucker for that biznis.

No comments:

Post a Comment